Stretch and Mobiliity
Move better, feel better, perform better.
Fitness, but not as you know it. A class for life, not just the gym. Mobility is kind of a confusing term to begin with. It’s not flexibility, but it involves being flexible. It’s not yoga, but it might incorporate some yoga postures. It’s not stability, but it includes having core strength. So working on mobility means working on functional movement that helps the body move better, feel better and perform better. It means working on increasing range of motion, postural improvement and greater flexibility.
Are you looking to improve your range of motion and your posture while alleviating some everyday aches and pains but aren’t a Yogi? Do you want to decrease muscle tension, reduce risk of injury, boost blood circulation and recover faster in between workouts? If so, then this class is for you!
Combining static and dynamic forms of stretching while exploring mobility through different planes of motion; expect to stretch and work joint mobility through the whole body.
During this class your body will move through:
- Dynamic stretches: which are controlled movements that prepare your muscles, ligaments and other soft tissues for performance and safety
- Static stretches: are those in which you stand, sit or lie still and hold a single position for period of time allowing the muscles and soft tissues to lengthen
- Mobility drills: movements which incorporating functional movement and muscle strength
- Improved joint mobility
- Fosters intelligent movement and flexibility
- Creates body awareness and alignment
- Restores natural body function and mobility
- Enhances training performance
This class is open to everyone. No previous experience needed.
- All Levels